Retired U.S. Navy Captain Larry W. Bailey was president of Vietnam Vets for the Truth, "which attacked 2004 Democratic Presidential candidate Senator John Kerry's military record, on the heels of the more well-known" Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. 
"This is what Larry Bailey did during the last election cycle: Operation Street Corner. I understand that Mike Bradley of Vietnam Veteran's for the Truth is also supporting Larry in his efforts. This is what they did during the last election cycle: KerryLied.com. Although these organizations are no longer active today, Mr. Bailey and Mr. Bradley have joined forces with Iowa Presidential Watch http://www.iowapresidentialwatch.com/ and are working together to do much the same thing in Mr. Murtha's 12th PA district as they did in 2004 on a national level," Bones of Small Town Veteran posted June 23, 2006.
"Administrative: First item of business is to get our website up and running in a credible way. Amanda Prewett Doss of Texarkana, TX, who handled the '04 campaign, has been engaged to be our website manager, and she has already purchased our domain name http://www.murthalied.com/ What we need to do now it to develop the download folder from which our volunteers will obtain the flyers that they will post on their display boards. PLEASE keep your eyes open for ANYTHING that could be used (to defeat) Murtha. For the time being, send what you find to me; I have asked a very literate friend to stand by to extract the most salient quotes for posting in large font on our display boards.
"Listen, folks! Operation Street Corner will WORK, and I think its effect will, after the election, be measurable. We just need to start small and build to a crescendo in October and culminate in a Rally or some major event just before the election," Bones wrote.
The BOOTMURTHA.COM domain name was registered June 23, 2006, to Larry Bailey at 103 Pamlico Pl, Chocowinity, NC 27817, Email larrywb AT cox.net, Phone 252 975-3764. Bailey is also the administrative and technical contact. 
Bailey was honored by his "supporters" January 20, 2005, an "'Un-augural' reception" for "substantial contributions to the veterans' revolt against Sen. John Kerry's 2004 presidential bid", which was held at the National Press Club, NewsMax reported.
Bailey, "President of the Vietnam Veterans for the Truth and architect of the 'Kerry Lied' rally in Washington, detailed to the audience how the movement to stop Kerry began as a trading of e-mails in various chat rooms. Finally, one vet suggested: 'Let's get about 100,000 vets together on the mall and show the country that not all vets are for Hanoi John.'" 
"Captain Bailey’s most noteworthy assignment was as Commanding Officer of Naval Special Warfare Center in Coronado, CA, where Navy SEALs undergo basic and advanced training. Bailey has an abiding interest in the Civil War and is a member of the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, VA. Three of his great-grandfathers fought for the Confederacy.
"Bailey wears the Bronze Star with Combat “V,” the Legion of Merit, two Meritorious Service Medals, and numerous other decorations and awards. His wife, Judy, teaches at Chocowinity Middle School. They are the parents of two adult children, Tucker and Hallie. Bailey is a resident of Cypress Landing."—North Carolina Conservative, March 20, 2006. 
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Larry Bailey: Bio, BootMurtha.com.
- Profile: Captain Larry W. Bailey, USN, Retired, NavyFrogmen.com.
- Profile: Larry Bailey, Old War Dogs Blog.
- Speaker Profile: Captain Larry Bailey, USN (RET), WinterSoldier.com, 2004.
Articles & Commentary
- "Vietnam vets prepare to rally against Kerry. Angered by 'lies' Democratic candidate spread after war," WorldNetDaily, August 3, 2004.
- "Vets Against Kerry Celebrate in D.C.," NewsMax, January 21, 2005.
- Interview: Scarborough Country, MSNBC, April 22, 2005.
- "Operation Street Corner, Vietnam Veterans for the Truth and Larry Bailey," Small Town Veteran, June 22, 2006.
- Sean-Paul Kelley, "They're Gonna Swiftboat Murtha," The Agonist, June 23, 2006.
- Taylor Marsh, "Duncan Hunter and the Swiftboating of Jack Murtha," TaylorMarsh.com, June 24, 2006.
- Ron Brynaert, "New 'Murtha Lied' Website posts 'hateful' emails after liberal blogs start digging," The Raw Story, June 26, 2006.
- Lorelei Kelly, "Mr. Murtha: Blogs One, Right-wing Goons Zero," Democracy Arsenal Blog, June 27, 2006.