"The author of nine books and numerous articles, Dr. Dossey is the former Executive Editor of the peer-reviewed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, the most widely subscribed-to journal in its field...
"The impact of Dr. Dossey's work has been remarkable. Before his book Healing Words was published in 1993, only three U.S. medical schools had courses devoted to exploring the role of religious practice and prayer in health; currently, nearly 80 medical schools have instituted such courses, many of which utilize Dr. Dossey's works as textbooks. In his 1989 book Recovering the Soul, he introduced the concept of "nonlocal mind" -- mind unconfined to the brain and body, mind spread infinitely throughout space and time. Since then, "nonlocal mind" has been adopted by many leading scientists as an emerging image of consciousness."
He is the executive editor of the peer-reviewed journal EXPLORE: The Journal of Science and Healing.
- Advisory Council, Academy for Spiritual and Consciousness Studies 
- Co-chairperson of the Panel on Mind/Body Interventions of the Office of Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health, 1992-94
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's Task Force on Health Care Reform, 1993
- The Section on Alternative Medicine of the British Parliament, 1993
- President, Isthmus Institute, 1987-89
- World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality
- One Spirit Learning Alliance
- Chopra Foundation
- Rhine Center
- Green Award
- Alliance for Transforming the Lives of Children
- Distinguished Advisory board, Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Advisory Board, World Institute for Scientific Exploration 
- David Gorski, "Be careful what you wish for, Dr. Dossey, you just might get it", sciencebasedmedicine, January 11, 2010.
Resources and articles
- Jane Katra
- Barbara Dossey Aspen Center for Integrative Health
- He wrote the foreword for Wellness for Helping Professionals: Creating Compassionate Cultures by John Travis and Meryn G. Callander
- Larry Dossey Bio, organizational web page, accessed February 23, 2013.
- Academy for Spiritual and Consciousness Studies About, organizational web page, accessed October 22, 2018.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences Distinguished Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- World Institute for Scientific Exploration Board, organizational web page, accessed July 27, 2013.