Larry R. Beach
Larry Beach is a Senior Biotechnology Advisor at the U.S. Agency for International Development. Within USAID, he works in the Bureau for Economic Growth, Agriculture, and Trade (EGAT) in the Office of Environment and Science Policy (EGAT/ESP) on the International Research and Biotechnology Team (EGAT/ESP/IRB). Prior to joining USAID in June 2003, Beach worked from 1985 until 2002 as the Coordinator of Food and Feed Traits at Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., one of the nation's leading manufacturers of genetically engineered corn seed. Beach is a Plant Molecular Biologist and he describes his work as follows:
- "Improvement of crops using biotechnology if classical breeding is unable to obtain a solution to a given constraint. Technical advisor for biotechnology for United States Agency for International Development. Support USAID missions for Science and Technology related issues in agriculture, especially as it relates to biotechnology. I have a focus on West and Central Africa. I worked in Pioneer for over 18 years and am applying my practical knowledge of improving crops via biotechnology to crops important to developing countries."
- Ronald Reagan Building
- 1300 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.
- Rm 3.08B
- Washington, D.C. 20523-3800
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- USAID Promotion of Agricultural Biotechnology
- U.S. State Department Promotion of Agricultural Biotechnology
- U.S. Department of State Biotechnology Outreach Funds