|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
"Layton Croft is Vice President, External Affairs and Corporate Citizenship for SouthGobi Resources (www.southgobi.com), and also serves as an advisor to Ivanhoe Mines for investor relations in Asia and corporate social responsibility. He is one of the founding Board members of the" Business Council of Mongolia. "He has lived and worked in Mongolia for a total of 13+ years beginning in 1994, and he speaks Mongolian language.
"Layton also serves on the governing Boards of other non-profit organizations that promote sustainable economic growth and social development in Mongolia, including the Mongolian National Mining Association, National AIDS Foundation, Arts Council of Mongolia, Mongol Environmental Conservation, Educational and Advisory Resource Center, and American Center for Mongolian Studies." 
From 2005; "Layton Croft is Executive Vice President for Corporate Affairs, Ivanhoe Mines Mongolia, Inc., and an advocate of the benefits of mining for Mongolia and Mongolians. Mr. Croft, an American citizen who has lived and worked in Mongolia in a variety of capacities for nearly 10 years since 1994, presented some of his own thoughts on opportunities and challenges that mining presents to Mongolia." 
"Layton Croft began his career as a Peace Corps volunteer in Mongolia (1994-1997). He later joined the Mongolian office of the big US government and intelligence organization PACT , where he was the Program Director for Information Systems for their Gobi Regional Economic Growth Initiative/Mongolia (1999-2002), working for PACT-Mongolia in an alliance with Mercy Corps and USAID.
"One of Layton Croft's USAID-backed projects with PACT involved bringing National Public Radio founder Bill Siemering and NPR personality Corey Flintoff to Mongolia to promote the USAID-funded fiction of 'free and independent' media. " His wife is Alyson Croft. 
- Founder of Scholarship, Friends of Mongolia
Resources and articles
- Directors, Business Council of Mongolia, accessed December 16, 2010.
- Layton Croft, Vice-President for Corporate Affairs, Ivanhoe Mines, American Center for Mongolian Studies, accessed December 16, 2010.
- For Mongolians, E Is for English, F Is for Future, NYT, accessed December 16, 2010.
- keith harmon snow, "THE NAKED FACE OF CAPITALISM: GOLDMAN PRIZEWINNNER SHOOTS UP FOREIGN MINING FIRMS IN MONGOLIA: WESTERN DECEPTIONS AND THE EXTINCTION OF THE NOMADS," consciousbeingalliance, December 15, 2010.