Lloyd Axworthy "is Director and CEO of the Liu Institute for Global Issues at the University of British Columbia. Canada's Foreign Minister from 1995 to 2000, Lloyd Axworthy's political career spanned 27 years, during six of which he served in the Manitoba Legislative Assembly and twenty-one in the Federal Parliament. He held several Cabinet positions, notably Minister of Employment and Immigration, Minister Responsible for the Status of Women, Minister of Transport, of Human Resources Development, of Western Economic Diversification and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Currently, Dr. Axworthy holds positions on several boards and companies. He joined the law firm of Fraser Milner Casgrain as a consultant on trade and international affairs. He is a Board member of the MacArthur Foundation, Human Rights Watch - where he chairs the Advisory Board For Americas Watch, Lester B. Pearson College, University of the Arctic, the Pacific Council on International Policy, on the Port of Churchill Advisory Board as well as on the Advisory Board of the Ethical Globalization Initiative. He is also serving as Chairman of the Human Security Centre for the United Nations University for Peace (UPEACE), Co-Chair of the State of the World Forum, Commission on Globalization, and Honourary Chairman of the Canadian Landmine Foundation.
- Director, Pacific Council
- Endorser, Genocide Intervention Network
- Mentor, Trudeau Foundation 
- Advisory Council, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Fellow (2007-08), USC Center on Public Diplomacy 
- Editorial Board, Global Responsibility to Protect 
- Patron, Asia-Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Patron, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect 
- Honorary Director, Civilitas Foundation 
Lloyd Axworthy is married to Denise Ommanney.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Trudeau Foundation Mentors, organizational web page, accessed April 7, 2013.
- Center Bios, USC Center on Public Diplomacy, accessed February 12, 2008.
- Editorial Board, Global Responsibility to Protect, accessed July 27, 2009.
- Patrons, Asia-Pacific Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, accessed July 27, 2009.
- Patrons, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, accessed December 11, 2009.
- Honorary Board, Civilitas Foundation, accessed December 12, 2010.
- Liu Institute for Global Issues, Biography: The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy, P.C., O.C., O.M., Ph.D., University of British Columbia, accessed January 7, 2004.