Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust
Edward Norton is "the president of the U.S. arm of the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust.
"Norton became involved in the Trust a decade ago after visiting its eco-lodge, Campi ya Kanzi, as a guest. He developed a friendship with its founder, Luca Belpietro. Impressed by the nonprofit’s dedication to environmental protection, he agreed to head up the U.S. office a few years ago. Volunteering is not a new passion for him; Norton has long been committed to conservation. “[The environment] was a longstanding passion of my father,” he said in an interview with the Public Broadcasting Service in 2005. “My brother and I spent vacations working for the Park Service in the Grand Canyon….It’s part of what we grew up in.”
"In the past few years, he’s been busy raising money for the Maasai, with several noteworthy examples. In 2006, Norton teamed with Cartier, the luxury brand, on the Charity Love Bracelet. Celebrities were invited to represent their nonprofit of choice, and Cartier donated $100 from the sale of each bracelet to the chosen charity." 
Accessed November 2011: 
- Samson Parashina (Kenyan), Chairman of the Board, Chairman of Advisory Board, Trustee
- Stephen Mwenesi (Kenyan), Vice Chairman and legal adviser
- Luca Belpietro (Kenyan), Treasurer and Executive Director. Trustee
- Antonella Bonomi (Italian). Board member and Trustee
- Muterian Ntanin (Kenyan), Board member and Game Scouts coordinator
- James Robertson (Kenyan). Board member
- Titus Naikuni (Kenyan). Board member
- Danny Woodley (Kenyan). Board member
- Mark Nicholson (British)
- David Raffman (Kenyan), Board member
- Edward Norton (USA), Board member
- Pio Cabanillas (Spain), Board member
Resources and articles
- Edward Norton and the Maasai: A Mission of Conservation, good.is, accessed November 28, 2011.
- Trustees, maasai.com, accessed November 28, 2011.