"openDemocracy worked in partnership with Club de Madrid, in the lead-up to the International Summit on Democracy, Terrorism and Security which was held in Madrid from the 8-11 March 2005. openDemocracy opened the Madrid debate to the global public, setting up online forums and encouraging people around the world to 'Meet on March 11.'
"Following from this work, Madrid11.net has been opened by openDemocracy and Club de Madrid as a space for feedback on the Madrid debate and the Agenda itself, and as a means to maintain the Madrid community that has grown over the last months."  It now goes by the name Terrorism.openDemocracy.
International Advisory Board (2007)
Accessed January 2011: 
- Kim Campbell - Secretary General of the Club de Madrid, Former Prime Minister of Canada
- Jose-Maria Figueres - Former President of Costa Rica
- Stephen Heintz - President of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Diego Hidalgo - President of the FRIDE Foundation, Madrid
- Karin von Hippel - Co-Director, Post-Conflict Reconstruction Project, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Mary Kaldor - Director of the Centre for the Study of Global Governance, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Raymond Kendall - Former Secretary General of INTERPOL
- Rami Khouri - Editor of the Daily Star, Beirut
- Louise Richardson - Executive Dean of the Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University
- Laura Sandys - Chair of the Board, openDemocracy.net