Dr Marie Savardis a Philadelphia-based author and speaker on health issues.
In November 2006 Savard was given a 'Presidential Leadership Award' by Susan Crosby, the President of Women in Government. The accompanying media release stated that Savard was being honoured as she "travels the country speaking to women about how to take charge of their own health, particularly when it comes to cervical cancer prevention."  Another media release, tailored for the Philadelphia media, stated that Savard's award was for "helping women understand cervical cancer and the virus that causes it, the human papillomavirus (HPV), and encouraging them to seek information about their screening results, as well as ask for advanced screening techniques, such as HPV testing. Dr. Savard has also played a key role in helping state legislators across the country understand this important issue and make it a priority." 
- The Body Shape Solution to Weight Loss and Wellness: The Apples & Pears Approach to Losing Weight, Living Longer, and Feeling Healthier (Simon and Schuster, January 2005)
- How to Save Your Own Life: The Savard System for Managing--and Controlling--Your Health Care (Warner Books, 2000)
- The Savard Health Record (Time-Life Books, 2000).
Other SourceWatch Resources
- Women in Government, "Women in Government Honors Significant Efforts to Help Eliminate Cervical Cancer", Media Release, November 18, 2006.
- "Philadelphia Area Health Advocate Honored by Women In Government for Efforts to Help Eliminate Cervical Cancer", Media Release, November 18, 2006.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|