Mark E. Mathis
Mark Mathis is a movie producer and media consultant. According to the website for Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy, a group funded by energy corporations, Mark E. Mathis is its founder and executive director. The website describes him as "a former TV news reporter and anchor turned media consultant and trainer. ... In 2002 Mark published Feeding the Media Beast: An Easy Recipe for Great Publicity. ... Mark is also a mid-day host on 106.3 KAGM talk radio with his wife of 13 years, Dianne Anderson. Dianne is a former KOAT-TV news anchor. ... In 2003 Mark began consulting with the Independent Petroleum Association of New Mexico."
He is the associate producer for Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, a pro-intelligent design movie, that ties evolution to the Holocaust. Mathis has been criticized for misleading evolutionary biologists PZ Myers and Richard Dawkins to get them to appear in the film. In March 2008 Mathis personally prohibited Myers from viewing the movie that he appears in. In April 2008 XVIVO, an animation company, notified the producers that the company would sue for copying a film. The movie is targetting fundamentalist Christians and creationists.
- Feeding the Media Beast: An Easy Recipe for Great Publicity. Purdue University Press (May 2002) ISBN 1557532478
Mark E. Mathis
Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy
8300 Carmel Avenue, Bldg. 601, Suite Ey
Albuquerque, NM 87122
Email: mark AT responsiblenergy.org
- About Citizens' Alliance for Responsible Energy 2006
- MacAskill, Ewen. Dawkins rails at 'creationist front' for duping him into film role. Guardian Unlimited. September 28, 2007
- No Admission for Evolutionary Biologist at Creationist Film, New York Times March 21, 2008
- Expelled producers accused of copyright infringement National Center for Science Education April 9, 2008
- Mark Mathis, "Richardson Should Do a 180 on Energy Plan", Albuquerque Journal, October 19, 2005.
- Mark E. Mathis, et. al., Joint Letter to House and Senate Leadership on Opening ANWR to Energy Exploration, Competitive Enterprise Institute, March 8, 2006.
- Wendy Brown, "Energy group's true intent under fire, The New Mexican, May 7, 2006.
- Jay Davis, "Unevolved Mark Mathis, (bottom of page) Real Detroit Weekly, April 23, 2008.