Mary Jo Kreitzer
"As founder and director of the Center for Spirituality and Healing, Dr. Mary Jo Kreitzer brings more than 20 years of leadership and expertise to the field of integrative health and medicine. She was the principal investigator of a $1.6 million National Institutes of Health (NCCAM) education grant and a Fetzer Institute funded evaluation of the Inner Life of Healers Program and the co-PI of a five year $2.1 million NIH (NINR) clinical trial of mindfulness meditation with solid organ transplant patients. She is currently the co-PI of a clinical trial funded by BlueCross/Blue Shield Minnesota on the impact of an integrated residential treatment program on women with eating disorders, the co-PI of an NIH NCCAM R21 grant on mind/body interventions for caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients and is the co-investigator of a clinical trial comparing mindfulness meditation with pharmacotherapy for people with chronic insomnia. She is also the co-PI of a newly funded NCCAM R25 grant focused on integrating research in a CAM educational institution. In addition to her administrative responsibilities in the Center for Spirituality and Healing, Mary Jo teaches a course on optimal healing environments in the graduate minor in complementary therapies and healing practices and is a tenured professor in the School of Nursing where she is co-director of the doctorate in nursing practice (DNP) program in integrative health and healing. From 2004-2007, she served as the vice-chair of the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine. In 2008, she was named by Minnesota Physician as one of the 100 most influential health care leaders in the state. In 2009, she testified at a US Senate hearing titled "Integrative Health: Pathway to Health Reform" as well as the Institute of Medicine Summit titled "Integrative Medicine and the Health of the Public". Dr. Kreitzer earned her doctoral degree in health services research and her masters and bachelor’s degrees in nursing."
- Contributing Editor, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 
- Editorial Board, Natural Medicine Journal 
- Signatory, Green Tea Party Manifesto 
- Distinguished Advisory board, Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Council of Advisers, Academic Consortium of Complementary and Alternative Healthcare 
Resources and articles
- CSH Mary Jo Kreitzer, organizational web page, accessed February 25, 2013.
- Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- Natural Medicine Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed February 25, 2013.
- Green Tea Party Manifesto Home, organizational web page, accessed February 25, 2013.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences Distinguished Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Academic Consortium of Complementary and Alternative Healthcare Council of Advisers, organizational web page, accessed September 15, 2013.