Inaccuracies in media reports can be caused by
- corporate bias
- personal bias
- failing to verify claims of sources
- failing to document, question, or otherwise critically analyze sources
- failing to avoid or document conflicts of interest
- sloppy work under deadline pressure
- deliberate falsehoods
Watchdogs and Media Critics
- Accuracy in Media, a right-leaning media critic group
- Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting, a left-leaning media critic group
- MediaLens, "correcting for the distorted vision of the corporate media"
- Media Transparency, "the money behind the media"
- spinsanity, "countering rhetoric with reason"
- Spin of the Day, PR Watch's "Daily reporting on Public Relations, Propaganda, and Media Spin"