Michael E. Conroy
Michael E. Conroy " taught Economics at the University of Texas at Austin for 25 years. He then spent nine years at the Ford Foundation, as a senior program officer, working in Ford's Environment and Development field. He is currently a Senior Lecturer and Senior Research Scholar at Yale University's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. Michael joined the EARTHWORKS board in 2003." 
In 2008, Conroy published the book Branded! How the “Certification Revolution” is Transforming Global Companies. "Conroy brings a hands-on view to the story as a former program officer at the Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Brothers Fund, where he helped fund the activists NGOs as well as the resulting certification processes. He also serves as chair of TransFair USA, the Fair Trade certifying body in the US." See interview. 
- Advisory Board, Fair Trade USA  (former director)
- Board Member, Equitable Origin LLC
- Board chair, Forest Stewardship Council-US
- Board member, EARTHWORKS (2003 – Present)
- Consultant, David and Lucile Packard Foundation (2010 – 2010)
- Senior Technical Advisor, Gaia Certification Ltd. (Privately Held; 1-10 employees; Oil & Energy industry, 2009 – 2010)
- Board member and board chair, Fair Trade USA (2003 – 2010)
- 2009 – 2009 (less than a year)
- Board member, FLO-Cert GmbH (2006 – 2009)
- Senior Lecturer, Oxford University (2008 – 2008)
- Senior Advisor on Tourism, Rainforest Alliance (2007 – 2008)
- Former consultant on sustainable tourism, SmartWood/Rainforest Alliance (2007 – 2008)
- Appointed board member, Forest Stewardship Council (2003 – 2008)
- Director, Global Governance, Rockefeller Brothers Fund (2003 – 2006)
- Foundation sponsor, CGNET Services International (1997 – 2003)
- Senior Program Officer, Ford Foundation (1994 – 2003 (9 years
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Bill Baue, "Michael Conroy on Activist Campaigns and the Certification Revolution", Social Funds, June 02, 2008.
- linkedin Michael E. Conroy, organizational web page, accessed April 16, 2012.
- Advisory Board, Fair Trade USA, accessed November 8, 2011.