Michael Roche is the Chief Executive Officer of the Queensland Resources Council, the peak mining industry lobby group for the mining industry in the state. A biographical note states that Roche prior to this he "held senior management positions with the Australian Stock Exchange" and "served as Deputy Director-General of the Queensland Cabinet Office and Chief of Staff to the Queensland Treasurer."
A biographical note states that:
- "Before joining the QRC in 2005, Michael spent nearly nine years in senior management roles with the Australian Stock Exchange in Sydney, including more than three years as the Executive General Manager of ASX’s markets and market data businesses. Michael also has extensive experience in the government sector, including nine years in Canberra, with most of that time as a senior executive in the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet."
- "From 1990, Michael served for almost five years as Chief of Staff to the Queensland Treasurer and two years as Deputy Director-General in the Queensland Cabinet Office, part of the Premier’s portfolio."
- "Michael currently serves on several boards and advisory committees, including Chairman of the Queensland Minerals and Energy Academy, a board member of the Australian Coal Association and a member of the Queensland Transport and Logistics Council.
In 2009 he was appointed a Queensland Resource Industry Ambassador."
- 1990-1995 (approx): Chief of Staff to Labor Treasurer, Keith De Lacy
- 1996-1997 (approx): Deputy Director-General in the Queensland Cabinet Office during the Queensland National Party-led government of Rob Borbidge.
- 2005-present: Chief Executive of the Queensland Resources Council.
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- "Director - Michael Roche", Queensland Resources Council website, accessed February 2013.
- "Michael Roche, Chief Executive, Queensland Resources Council", Australian Syngas Association Conference, August 28, 2012.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|