Maurice Robert Gravel, better known as Mike Gravel, is a candidate in the 2008 U.S. presidential election.
- Board of Counselors, Center for Economic and Social Justice
- Honorary Advisory Board, Student World Assembly 
Record and controversies
2008 presidential election
- Main article: U.S. presidential election, 2008
Gravel was born on May 13, 1930. He represented Alaska in the U.S. Senate from 1969-1981. He later became the founder and chairman of the Democracy Foundation. In 2001, he became the director of the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution (AdTI), eventually the chairman of that institution. Gregory Fossedal, a co-founder and Senior fellow of AdTI, is a member of the Board of Directors of the Democracy Foundation.
Articles and resources
- Mike Gravel '08 official campaign website
- Senator Mike Gravel, CEO, Chairman of the Board of Directors, The Democracy Foundation, 2002
- GRAVEL, Maurice Robert (Mike) (1930-) Biographical Information
- "Sen. Mike Gravel Announces Run for President," Gravel 2008, April 17, 2006.