Millennial Debt Foundation
According to its website, MDF was created "to lead a generational conversation about fiscal stewardship, the role of the federal government and America's deficit spending crisis".
- 1 Ties to the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
- 2 Funding
- 3 Millennial Debt Commission
- 4 Contact Information
- 5 Articles and Resources
- 6 References
Ties to the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
In 2017, the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD), publishers of SourceWatch, launched a series of articles on the Milwaukee-based Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, exposing the inner-workings of one of America's largest right-wing foundations. 56,000 previously undisclosed documents laid bare the Bradley Foundation's highly politicized agenda. CMD detailed Bradley's efforts to map and measure right wing infrastructure nationwide, including by dismantling and defunding unions to impact state elections; bankrolling discredited spin doctor Richard Berman and his many front groups; and more.
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, $100,000 (2020)
Millennial Debt Commission
MDF's first project is the Millennial Debt Commission, "made up of 20 millennial business leaders from across the country working towards a framework for long-term deficit reduction. The business leaders are advised by a cohort of current and former members of Congress, leading economists and policy experts."
First Meeting Includes Members of Congress, Members of Politically-Active Conservative Nonprofits
The Millennial Debt Commission's first video meeting included statements from Weston Wamp, Founder of the Millennial Debt Foundation, U.S. Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), U.S. Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT), Former U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy, Former U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget president Maya MacGuineas, U.S. Rep. Dan Crenshaw, (R, TX-02), Manhattan Institute Senior Fellow Brian Riedl, and U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV).
- Arker Duffey (AL), CEO, Tailgate Guys
- Benjamin Wu (UT), Partner, Huntsman Family Investments
- Rachel Neill (WI), CEO, Carex Consulting
- Geordy Johnson (SC), CEO, Johnson Development
- Jon Novak (FL), CEO, Boomerang Transportation
- Cameron Doody (TN), Co-founder & Chairman, Bellhop
- Beau Allen (GA), Vp, Jam Capital Partners
- Jane Wu (NC), President, Panorama Holdings
- Jenna Kimberley (IA), Vp, Kimberly Development Corp.
- Malachi Boyuls (TX), Managing Partner, St. Augustine Capital Partners
- Tianyi Joe Zhu (IL), Partner, Smarthealth Ventures; Partner, Playground Capital
- Cody Campbell (TX), Co-CEO, Double Eagle Energy
- Nick Macco (TN), Co-founder, Legacybox
- Robert Hughes (SC), President, Hughes Development
- Rich Walton (PA), CEO, Noble Environmental, President, Archaea Energy
- Alejandro Mendieta (FL), Managing Director, Costal Wealth
- Tharon Johnson (GA), Founder & Ceo, Paramount Consulting
- Gideon Powell (TX), COO, President, Cholla Petroleum Inc.
- Allison Ball, Kentucky State Treasurer
- Asa James Swan (KY), CEO, Great Leaders, Former CLO, Commonwealth of KY
Honorary Congressional Advisors
- U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (IA)
- U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (WI)
- U.S. Senator Mike Lee (UT)
- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (FL)
- U.S. Representative Dan Crenshaw (TX)
- U.S. Representative Mike Gallagher (WI)
- U.S. Representative Bryan Steil (WI)
- U.S. Representative William Timmons (SC)
- U.S. Representative Guy Reschenthaler (PA)
- U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.d. (OK) (In Memoriam)
- Former U.S. Representative Reid Ribble (WI)
- Former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint (SC), Chairman, Conservative Partnership Institute
- Former U.S. Representative, Zach Wamp (TN), Co-chair, Issue One's Reformer's Caucus
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum; Former CBO Director
- Rachel Bovard, Senior Policy Director, Conservative Partnership Institute
- Romina Boccia, Director, Grover M. Hermann Center For The Federal Budget At The Heritage Foundation
- Jonathan Bydlak, Director, Fiscal And Budget Policy Project At The R Street Institute
- Micah Johnson, Former Senior Advisor, U.S. Senator Bob Corker; COO, Bridge Public Affairs.
- Todd Womack, Former Chief Of Staff, U.S. Senator Bob Corker; CEO, Bridge Public Affairs
- John Hart, Former Communications Director, U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D.
Millennial Debt Foundation
401 Chestnut St Ste 226
Chattanooga, TN 37402
LinkedIn: Millennial Debt Foundation
Articles and Resources
- American Action Forum
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget
- Heritage Foundation
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
- Manhattan Institute
- Marco Rubio
- Maya MacGuineas
- R Street Institute
- Ron Johnson
- Guidestar, Millennial Debt Foundation, organizational website, accessed January 28, 2021.
- Millennial Debt Foundation, About the Millennial Debt Foundation, organizational website, accessed January 28, 2021.
- The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, Recent Grants, organizational website. Archived November 1, 2020, accessed January 28, 2021.
- Millennial Debt Foundation, "Debt Commission Holds First Public Meeting With Remarks From Crenshaw, Scott, Lee, Manchin", organizational website, September 19, 2020, accessed January 28, 2021.