Mitsubishi Corporation (MC), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is large conglomerate or trading company, sogo shosa as it is referred to in Japan. It is made up of over 500 subsidiaries or group companies in about 80 countries worldwide. Its website states that it "has long been engaged in business with customers around the world in virtually every industry, including energy, metals, machinery, chemicals, food and general merchandise." 
Areas of business
- Healthcare - sale of medical equipment and materials, nursing care, hospital consulting
- Water - engaged in water-related business in Japan and overseas
- Mobile phone sales - MS Communications Co., Ltd.
- Banking - The Merchant Banking, M&A Division and Asset Finance & Business Development Division
- Energy - "In the Energy Business Group, we develop and invest in oil and gas projects. We also deal in products relating to crude oil, petroleum, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), and carbon."
- Metals - "In the Metals Group, we use a combined strategy of trading and investment", "from raw materials upstream to end products downstream."
- Machinery - In the Machinery Group they are involved in development, networking and financing.
- Power and electrical Systems
- Plant & industrial machinery
- Ship, aerospace & transportation - "Ships and vessels; marine machinery, operation of vessels; off-shore marine structures; rolling stock", military aircraft, military aircraft engines
- Motor Vehicles - Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
- Isuzu Business Division
- Chemicals - The Chemicals Group includes "raw materials for synthetic resins and fibers, chemical fertilizers, inorganic raw materials, industrial salts, plastics, electronics materials, and life science products"
- Food - "Rice, wheat, barley, wheat flour, corn, fresh produce, marine products(tuna, prawns, octopus, squid etc.), sugar, starch, corn syrup and other sweeteners, corn grits" and more. "Processed foods, mineral water, canned foods, liquor," and more.
- Textiles - "apparel, footwear, furniture and interior products, household goods, cotton, yarn," etc.
- Staffing - "law, accounting, taxation, and finance from an international perspective" and "public relations, personnel affairs"
- Mikio Sasaki, Chairman
- Yorihiko Kojima, President, CEO, and Director
- Yukio Ueno, Corporate Functional Officer and Director; Regional CEO
3-1, Marunouchi 2-chome, Chiyoda-ku
655 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Related SourceWatch articles
- Mitsubishi Corporation Foundation for the Americas
- Mitsubishi Development
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers (member)
- Brookings Institution (funder)
- Clean and Safe Energy Coalition (member of front group)
- Defense contractors
- Human Rights First (funder)
- Huntley Generating Station
- Rainforest Action Network - Tachi Kiuchi
- World Nuclear Association (member)
- Joshua Karliner, "Mitsubishi and Laguna San Ignacio", CorpWatch, March 1, 1998.
- Mark Spalding, "Mitsubishi vs. Reality", CorpWatch, March 1, 1998.
- "Police Raid Mitsubishi Motors", CorpWatch/Business Recorder, August 28, 2000.
- Joshua Karliner, "A Brief History of Greenwash", CorpWatch, March 22, 2001.
- "Former Mitsubishi Boss Arrested", CorpWatch/BBC, June 10, 2004.