"When Ms. was launched as a "one-shot" sample insert in New York Magazine in December 1971, few realized it would become the landmark institution in both women's rights and American journalism that it is today.
"The founders of Ms., many of whom are now household names, helped to shape contemporary feminism. According to founding editor Letty Cottin Pogrebin, Ms.' authors translated "a movement into a magazine."...
"Unique, outspoken, and hard-hitting, Ms. has consistently faced down financial instability and advertiser resistance. From 1978 to 1987, Ms. was published as a nonprofit magazine through the Ms. Foundation for Education and Communication. In the ensuing decade and a half, Ms. had four different owners and adopted a revolutionary and extremely popular advertising-free model.
Accessed November 2011: 
- Executive Editor Katherine Spillar
- Managing Editor Michel Cicero
- Senior Editor Michele Kort
- Guest Editor Mary Ellen Strote
- Global Editor Robin Morgan]
- Associate Editor Jessica Stites
- Copy Editor Camille Hahn
- Proofreader Miriam Jacobson
- Consulting Editor Gloria Steinem
- Money Editor Martha Burk
- Columnist Donna Brazile
- Strategic Planning/Marketing Advisor Kathy Bonk
- Ms. in the Classroom Managing Director Karon Jolna
- Patricia Carbine, Joanne Edgar, Nina Finkelstein, Mary Peacock, Letty Cottin Pogrebin, Gloria Steinem
- Justine Andronici, Linda Basch, Kathy Bonk, Martha Burk, Gaylynn Burroughs, Nohelia Canales, Helen Cho, Ina Coleman, Abigail Disney, Kim Gandy, Beverly Guy-Sheftall, Elizabeth Hemmerdinger, Dolores Huerta, Lisa Lee, Camryn Manheim, Rielle Montague, Kathy Najimy, Amy Richards, Alix Ritchie, Lorraine Sheinberg, Eleanor Smeal, Jane E. Smith, Katherine Spillar, Ronnie Steinberg, Gloria Steinem, Jenny Warburg, Evelyn White, Jacqueline Woods, Peg Yorkin, Helen Zia
Committee of Scholars
- Chair: Bonnie Thornton Dill; Linda Basch, Kum-Kum Bhavnani, Nohelia Canales, Jennifer Cognard-Black, Irasema Coronado, Norlisha F. Crawford, Kelly Brown Douglas, Beverly Guy-Sheftall, Carol Hardy-Fanta, Valerie Ann Johnson, L. S. Kim, Allison B. Kimmich, Kimi Lynn King, C. Nicole Mason, Irma McClaurin, Gwendolyn Mink, Layli Phillips, Ronnie J. Steinberg, Nayereh Tohidi; Funded by the Ford Foundation