Nebraska voting issues
This page is part of the Election Protection Wiki,
Election and registration information
The polls are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the Central Time Zone and from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Mountain Time Zone.
For the 2008 election Nebraska used the following voting machines. For a county-by-county list of the specific machines (and the source for this section) see Verified Voting's Verifier tool.
- Main article: Voting machines
Optical scan machines:
Assistive Devices for Marking Paper Ballots:
Nebraska Secretary of State John A.Gale
- Elections website: http://www.sos.state.ne.us/elec/
- Phone: (402) 471-2555
( Fax: (402) 471-7834
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 94608, Lincoln, NE 68509-4608
- Location: State Capitol, Third Floor, Lincoln, NE 68509
- Send E-Mail to: ElectionsAssistant@sos.ne.gov
- For an extensive log of voting machine problems, see the VotersUnite! report on election incidents.
State and local non-governmental election organizations
League of Women Voters
LWV of Nebraska, Peggy Adair, President
- 140 N. 8th Street, # 215 The Apothecary
- Lincoln, NE 68508-0000
- Phone: 402-475-1411
- Fax: 402-475-1411
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and resources
- The main page on election protection and reform organizations.
- All articles in the Election Protection Wiki project.
- For election day: Things citizens can do to monitor elections and If you are told you cannot vote.
- See the VotersUnite! Election Problem Log.
- GoVote.org locates your polling place and other voting information.
- Google map polling locations locates most polling location, may be missing or out of date.
Election Protection hotlines
- 866-OUR-VOTE (National Election Protection Hotline)
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (Español)
- 800-966-5946 (AALDEF, Asian languages)
- 866-MYVOTE1 (Tom Joyner Hotline - VoterAction, NAACP National Voter Fund)
- 877-523-2792 (ACLU Voting Rights Project Hotline)
- 877-US4-OBAMA (Obama campaign Voter Hotline)
- 866-976-VOTE (McCain campaign Honest and Open Election hotline - leave a message)
- 877-GOCNN08 (CNN Voter Problem Tipline)
- 888-VOTE-TIP (VelvetRevolution Election Protection Hotline for fraud)
- 567-258-VOTE (Twitter Vote Report key in report or leave audio message)
- ACLU's "Know Your Voting Rights - State by State" -- printable brochures summarizing your voting rights, for most states.
- One-page know your rights summaries for 27 states from the AFL-CIO.
- Click here to see the voter ID requirements in all states. From the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Election officials, election reform groups, and elected officials
- Why Tuesday? offers a page for Nebraska that helps locate Nebraska's elections officials, election reform groups, and elected officials, as well as a page titled Find a group in your area that lets you find similar information for other states.
- Click here to request an absentee ballot. Go Vote Absentee is a project of the Women Donors Network.
- Information for voters with disabilities from NDRN.
Student voting rights
- See Nebraska Student Voting Rights for a guide to student voting rights in Nebraska. See Student Voting Rights for a guide to other states. From the Brennan Center for Justice.
- See how organizations you trust recommend you vote on ballot measures and other statewide contests at TransparentDemocracy.
- Help in other languages from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission. 中文, 日本語, 한국어, Tagalog, Tiếng Việt, Español
- Verified Voting's Nebraska page, which provides detailed information on voting equipment in use in every county in Nebraska.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Nebraska page, which provides detailed information on election law developments in Nebraska. See map page to see the information for election developments in any given state.
- Election Law @ Moritz's Nebraska general information page, which provides information on Nebraska election authorities, post-election processes, and other topics. See map page to see this information for any given state.
Sixty-one Nebraska cities will be voting on fluoridation this election day