"Nell launched Newman's Own Organics in 1993 with business partner Peter Meehan. Nell is the daughter of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, and grew up in a Connecticut home with a deep connection to natural, homegrown foods. After attending college in Maine, she moved to the coast of Northern California, working for the Ventana Wilderness Society and later for the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group. A long-time advocate of organic foods and sustainable agriculture, she convinced her father to establish an organic division of Newman's Own. Based in Santa Cruz county, it became a separate company in 2000." 
"Nell attended the College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine, graduating with a B.A. in human ecology. She worked briefly at the Environmental Defense Fund in New York, but, preferring a more rural environment, moved to Northern California. There she became the Executive Director of the Ventana Wilderness Sanctuary, which was working to reestablish the bald eagle in central California. After two years, she left to become the Development Director for the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group, the non profit responsible for the captive breeding and restoration of the peregrine falcon in California. ... Nell has served on the Peregrine Fund board in Boise, Idaho and currently serves as a board member of the Wholesome Wave Foundation, EcoTrust, and Allergy Kids.
"Nell’s thoughts on how to make a difference are highlighted in her book, The Newman’s Own Organics Guide to a Good Life: Simple Measures That Benefit You and the Place You Live (Villard, 2003), written with science writer Joseph D'Agnese." 
- President, Nell Newman Foundation
- Advisory Board, Save the Waves
- Selection Committee, 11th Annual Brower Youth Award 
- Advisory Board, Edible Schoolyard Project 
- Advisory Board, Allergy Kids 
Resources and articles
- Save the Waves Nell Newman, organizational web page, accessed April 16, 2012.
- Nell Newman Foundation About, organizational web page, accessed April 16, 2012.
- Brower Youth Award Selection Process, organizational web page, accessed April 19, 2012.
- Edible Schoolyard Project Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed May 28, 2013.
- Allergy Kids Board of Advisors, organizational web page, accessed June 13, 2014.