Nicholas Berg (External Links)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are External Links associated with the Nicholas Berg case.
- Louis Meixler, "Body found on Baghdad overpass identified as that of American," AP, May 11, 2004.
- Jason Straziuso, "Beheaded Man's Kin in Pa. Learns of Video," AP, May 11, 2004.
- Fintan Dunne, "Berg's Father and Firm Were On A Right-Wing 'Enemies' List," Break for News, May 12, 2004: "The list had been copied from publicly available endorsements of a call to action for an imminent anniversary antiwar protest on 20th March, 2004. The protest was being organized under the banner of the A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition (Act Now to Stop War & End Racism). ... Among those listed as having endorsed the call to action was this entry: "Michael S. Berg, Teacher, Prometheus Methods Tower Service, Inc." See Free Republic web site.
- Text of Bush comments on Berg, AP, May 12, 2004.
- Jason Straziuso, "Pennsylvania Man's Beheading in Iraq Upsets Family," AP, May 12, 2004.
- Cam Simpson and Stevenson Swanson, "U.S. civilian beheaded. Killers say they were avenging abuse of inmates, vow `coffins after coffins'," Chicago Tribune, May 12, 2004.
- "Guest editorial: Nick Berg murder. Brutal slaying illustrates the nature of our enemy," Scripps-Howard, May 13, 2004: "It is to protect ourselves from the kind of people that cut off Berg's head that we are in Iraq, and it is because of them that we must stay the course in Iraq."
- J.P.R. Jenkins, "Similarities Between Nick Berg and Charles Horman (Chile 1973)," BuzzFlash Contribution, May 13, 2004.
- "Friend: Berg said he was in U.S. custody," CNN, May 13, 2004: "Slain American Nicholas Berg told a friend that he had been arrested by Iraqi police, detained briefly, and then handed over to U.S. troops who held him in a coalition facility for almost two weeks, the friend said." Web page includes link to timeline.
- Richard Lezin Jones and Jill P. Capuzo, "U.S. Officials Failed to Protect Slain Civilian, Family Says," New York Times, May 13, 2004.
- Jon Hurdle, "Berg Died for Bush, Rumsfeld 'Sins' - Father," Reuters, May 13, 2004.
- "Nicholas Berg laid to rest, mourned by community," AP, May 14, 2004.
- Jason Straziuso and Patrick Walters, "500 People Attend Berg Memorial Service," AP, May 14, 2004.
- James Dao, "Tracing a Civilian's Odd Path to His Gruesome Fate in Iraq," New York Times, May 26, 2004.