North American Union/Testimony, Publications and Reports
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also see related:
The following are testimony, publications and reports related to the main article on the North American Union.
Also see related:
- Articles & Commentary: 2000 to 2004; 2005; and 2006.
- Bilateral and Trilateral Partnerships, Agreements and Initiatives
- Related SourceWatch Resources
- Patterns of Global Terrorism: Overviews for Canada: 1987; 1988; 1989; 1999; 2001; 2002; 2003; 2004; and 2005, MIPT Terrorism Knowledge Base.
- Herbert G. Grubel, "The Case for the Amero: The Economics and Politics of a North American Monetary Union," Critical Issues Bulletin / The Fraser Institute, 1999.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer, "North American Convergence: An American Perspective." Institute for International Economics. Remarks at the annual policy conference of the Canadian Association for Business Economics, Washington, D.C., March 30, 2001.
- Robert A. Pastor, "A Regional Development Policy for North America: Lessons from the Old World for the New," Department of Political Science, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, May 21, 2001. "Draft Paper to be presented to a Conference on 'NAFTA in the new Millennium', co-sponsored by the University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, and the University of California, San Diego, May 21-25, 2001.
- Dr. Raul Hinojosa Ojeda, et al., "Comprehensive Migration Policy Reform in North America: The Key to Sustainable and Equitable Economic Integration," North American Integration and Development Center, School of Public Policy and Social Research, University of California, Los Angeles, August 29, 2001.
- "The Future of North American Integration in the Wake of the Terrorist Attacks," Council on Foreign Relations, October 17, 2001.
- John Kirton, "Canadian Foreign Policies Since September 11: Implications for Canada in North America in the World," University of Toronto. Remarks prepared for testimony before the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Ottawa, November 22, 2001.
- Robert A. Pastor, Invited Testimony of Dr. Robert A. Pastor, Goodrich C. White Professor Department of Political Science, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, Before the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Trade, House of Commons, Government of Canada, Ottawa, February 7, 2002.
- "The Canada/Mexico/U.S. Trilateral Committee," U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, March 2002.
- Wendy K. Dobson, "The Border Papers: Shaping the Future of the North American Economic Space. A Framework for Action," C.D. Howe Institute, April 2002: "Why Canada should initiate a joint strategy for achieving a common goal of North American physical and economic security."
- Miguel Messmacher, "The Integration of Capital Markets in North America since NAFTA," Banco de Mexico/World Bank, September 2002.
- Robert A. Pastor, "A North American Community. A Modest Proposal To the Trilateral Commission," North American Regional Meeting, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, November 1-2, 2002.
- Pastor called for implementation of "a series of political proposals which would have authority over the sovereignty of the United States, Canada and Mexico. ... the creation of North American passports and a North American Customs and Immigrations, which would have authority over U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) within the Department of Homeland Security. A North American Parliamentary Group would oversee the U.S. Congress. A Permanent Court on Trade and Investment would resolve disputes within NAFTA, exerting final authority over the judgments of the U.S. Supreme Court. A North American Commission would 'develop an integrated continental plan for transportation and infrastructure.'" 
- Wendy K. Dobson, "The Future of North American Integration. A Background Paper for The Trilateral Commission," North American Regional Meeting, Toronto, Canada, November 1-2, 2002.
- "Security and Prosperity. Toward a New Canada-United States Partnership in North America. Profile of the North American Security and Prosperity Initiative (NASPI)," Canadian Council of Chief Executives, January 2003.
- "Security and Prosperity. The Dynamics of a New Canada-United States Partnership in North America," Presentation to the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives by Thomas D’Aquino, President and Chief Executive, Canadian Council of Chief Executives, January 14, 2003, Toronto, Canada.
- "North American Security and Defence in 2003: Selected Canadian Principles and Considerations. Summary Report from the CIIA National Capital Branch Study Group on North American Security and Canada-U.S. Relations," Canadian Institute of International Affairs, February 24, 2003.
- "Consultative Forum on Canada's Role in the World. The Future of Canada’s Relations in North America: From Wake-up Call to Call to Action," The Canada Project Background Paper #1, The Conference Board of Canada, April 21, 2003.
- Peter Andreas (Brown University), "A Tale of Two Borders: The U.S.-Mexico and U.S.-Canada Lines After 9-11," The Center for Comparative Immigration Studies, University of California, San Diego, May 2003.
- Jean Daudelin, "The Trilateral Mirage: A Tale of Two North-Americas," The Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, May 2003.
- Julie Watts, "Mexico-U.S. Migration and Labor Unions: Obstacles to Building Cross-Border Solidarity," Center for Comparative Immigration Studies. University of California, San Diego, Working Paper 79, June 2003.
- Earl H. Fry, "North American Economic Integration. Policy Options," Policy Papers on the Americas, Volume XIV, Study 8, U.S. Embassy, Canada, July 2003.
- Parr Rosson and Flynn Adcock, "The North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA): Deepening Economic Integration and Responses to Competition," Department of Agricultural Economics, Texas Agricultural Experiment Station, Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System/Center for North American Studies, July 2003.
- Robert A. Pastor, Testimony: "U.S. Policy toward the Western Hemisphere: Challenges and Opportunities," Committee on International Relations, U.S. House of Representatives, October 21, 2003.
- "Commission on Globalisation 2000-2004 Final Report," World Forum.
- George Haynal, "The Next Plateau in North America: What's Mapping the New North American Reality," Institute for Research on Public Policy Working Paper Series, 2004-09b.
- Gary C. Hufbauer and Jeffrey J. Schott, "The Border Papers. The Prospects for Deeper North American Economic Integration: A U.S. Perspective," C.D. Howe Institute, January 2004.
- Robert A. Pastor, "North America's Second Decade," Foreign Affairs, January/February 2004.
- "Seventh public hearing of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States." Statement of Robert C. Bonner to the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States, January 26, 2004. Includes status report on border security programs.
- Gary L. Springer, "Integrating The Gulf of Mexico Border," Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regional Planning Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, March 18, 2004. See Gulf of Mexico States Partnership, Inc.
- "A Mexican Development Fund financed by oil revenues. Putting the Guanajuato proposal to work" by Dr. José Luis Alberro, Director, Law and Economics Consulting Group, Paper presented at the Forging North American Energy Security Conference, Monterrey, Mexico, April 1-2, 2004.
- Executive Summary: "Mexico, United States, Canada move forward together," North American International Trade Corridor Partnership (NAITCP) 2004 Summit, Kansas City, Missouri, May 2004.
- William B.P. Robson, "The North American Imperative. A Public-Good Framework for Canada-U.S. Economic and Security Cooperation," C.D. Howe Institute, October 2004.
- Maj. Lawrence Spinetta, USAF, "Expanding North American Aerospace Defense (NORAD). A Strategy to Engage Mexico," Air & Space Power (Journal en Espanol), 2005.
- "North American Homeland Security and Defense: Enhancing U.S. Joint Planning and Cooperation with Canada and Mexico in the War against Terrorism", Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis:
- David Szabo and Todd M. Walters, Workshop Report: "Canada-U.S. Partnership. Enhancing Our Common Security," March 14, 2005.
- Todd M. Walters, Workshop Final Report: "The Mexico-U.S. Partnership. Enhancing Our Common Security," December 2, 2005.
- "The Mexico-U.S. Border Partnership. Progress Report 2002-2004," U.S. Department of Homeland Security, January 17, 2005. re U.S.-Mexico Border Partnership Declaration
- "Homeland Security: Establishment and Implementation of the United States Northern Command" prepared by Scott Shepherd and Steve Bowman, Foreign Affairs, Defense, and Trade Division, The Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service Report for Congress, Updated February 10, 2005.
- Executive Summary: TTC-35 Tier One Draft, Keep Texas Moving.com, 2005. (377-page pdf) re Trans-Texas Corridor
- "Comprehensive Development Agreement. Oklahoma to Mexico/Gulf Coast - TTC-35 (Overview)," Keep Texas Moving, March 11, 2005.
- Robert A. Pastor, Editor, "The Paramount Challenge for North America: Closing the Development Gap," Center for North American Studies, American University, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2005.
- "Building a North American Community." Report of an Independent Task Force, Sponsored by the Council on Foreign Relations with the Canadian Council of Chief Executives and the Consejo Mexicano de Asuntos Internacionales, May 2005. (70-page pdf) List of Task Force members on page 9 and information on page 40. Also see Independent Task Force on the Future of North America.
- Task Force Report: "Building a North American Community," Council on Foreign Relations Press, May 2005. Chairs: John P. Manley, Pedro Aspe, William F. Weld; Vice Chairs: Thomas P. D'Aquino, Andres Rozental, Robert A. Pastor.
- "Task Force Urges Measures to Strengthen North American Competitiveness, Expand Trade, Ensure Border Security," The Embassy of the United States in Canada, May 17, 2005.
- John Manley, Pedro Aspe, Robert A. Pastor, and William F. Weld, Transcript: "Building a North American Community: Report of the Independent Task Force on the Future of North America," Council on Foreign Relations, May 27, 2005.
- Alejandro Chanona, "North American Security: A Community or an Identity?" The Jean Monnet Chair, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, June 2005.
- Robert A. Pastor, "North America: Three Nations, a Partnership, or a Community?" Jean Monnet/Robert Schuman Paper Series, Vol.5 No.13 June 2005; published by the European Union Commission.
- Robert A. Pastor, "A North American Community Approach to Security." Testimony Invited by the Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, June 9, 2005. Also posted by Free Republic.
- Report to Leaders: Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America," SPP.gov, June 27, 2005.
- Gary L. Springer, "Integrating The Gulf of Mexico Border." An Update Given at the World Trade Center of New Orleans, June 28, 2005.
- "The National Strategy for Maritime Security," White House, September 2005.
- Christopher Sands, "Getting to Know the North American Century," North American Integration Monitor/Center for Strategic and International Studies, October 2005.
- "Summary and Part 1: The Metamorphosis and Sabotage of Canada by Our Own Government-The North American Union," Canadian Action Party, November 4, 2005.
- Jorge Chabat, "The Future Bush Revolution in Foreign Policy and Mexico: The limits to unilateralism." Paper prepared for Robarts Centre Canada Mexico Seminar, Canada-Mexico Big Picture Realities: NAFTA Plus, Immigration, the Security-First Border, The Bush Revolution in Foreign Policy and The Global South Panel 3, Organized by Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies, York University, November 7–8, 2005.
- "The Mexico-U.S. Partnership. Enhancing Our Common Security," Final Report From a Workshop Organized by The Institute for Foreign Policy Analysis, Inc., December 2005. Rapporteur Todd M. Walters.
- Dana Schmidt, "Enduring Issues: Defence," Our North America 2005-2006 Speaker Series, December 8, 2005.
- "The north americain trade corridors," North American Forum on Integration, 2006.
- "International Mobility & Trade Corridor Project. 2006 Resource Manual." Led by Whatcom Council of Governments/International Mobility and Trade Corridor Project.
- "Two Worlds ... One Route. Lazaro Cardenas-Kansas City Transportation Corridor Offers Opportunities for International Shippers; Greater Economic Prosperity for North America, KC SmartPort.com, 2006.
- JWC U.S./Mexico Border Transportation Planning. Biennial Work Plan 2003-2005, U.S. Department of Transportation. Current information.
- Jordi Díez and Ian Nicholls, "The Mexican Armed Forces in Transition," Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, January 2006.
- Jason Ackleson, "Achieving 'Security and Prosperity': Migration and North American Economic Integration," Immigration Policy in Focus, February 6, 2006.
- Joseph R. Inge and Eric A. Findley, "North American Defense and Security after 9/11," Joint Force Quarterly/National Defense University, Issue 40/1st Quarter 2006.
- Marcela Celorio, "Working Paper: The North American 'Security and Prosperity Partnership': An Evaluation," Center for North American Studies, American University, March 28, 2006.
- Robert A. Pastor, Testimony: "The U.S., Mexico, and North America," Before U.S. House of Representatives Committee on International Relations, Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, April 26, 2006.
- Christopher Sands, "Different Paths Leading from Cancún," North American Integration Monitor/Center for Strategic and International Studies, May 2006.
- Fact Sheet: "Securing the Northern Border," U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), August 14, 2006.
- "Immigration: Terrorist Grounds for Exclusion and Removal of Aliens," Congressional Research Service, prepared by Michael John Garcia, Legislative Attorney, American Law Division, and Ruth Ellen Wasem, Specialist in Immigration Policy, Domestic Social Policy Division, updated September 5, 2006. Posted by Federation of American Scientists.