The Oberndorf Foundation is a private foundation funded by William E. Oberndorf and his wife Susan, based in San Francisco. It funds the privatization of education, among other things -- it has funded the Center for Education Reform, Jeb Bush's Foundation for Excellence in Education, the Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice, the George W. Bush Foundation, and the Philanthropy Roundtable, among other organizations. William Oberndorf co-founded and is the Chairman Emeritus of the Alliance for School Choice, a 501(c)(3) conservative 501(c)(3) non-profit group that promotes the school privatization agenda via the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and other avenues. It is affiliated with the 501(c)(4) advocacy group the American Federation for Children. Oberndorf is also on the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Excellence in Education. 
Resources and Articles
Related SourceWatch Articles
- William E. Oberndorf
- Foundation for Excellence in Education
- Alliance for School Choice
- Friedman Foundation for Educational Choice
- American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC)
Related PRWatch Articles
- Lisa Graves, Taxpayer-Enriched Companies Back Jeb Bush's Foundation for Excellence in Education, its Buddy ALEC, and Their "Reforms", PRWatch, November 28, 2012.</ref>
- Oberndorf Foundation IRS Forms 990, e.g. 2012 Form 990, organizational annual IRS filing, May 13, 2013.
- Alliance for School Choice, Leadership, organizational website, accessed September 2013
- Foundation for Excellence in Education, William Oberndorf, organizational biography, accessed September 2013.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|