Ohio University is located in Athens Ohio.
Ohio University does animal testing.
Facility information, progress reports & USDA-APHIS reports
For links to copies of a facility's USDA-Animal Plant Health Inspection (APHIS) reports, other information and links, see also Facility Reports and Information: Ohio University, Athens, OH.
USDA AWA reports
As of May 26, 2009, the USDA began posting all inspection reports for animal breeders, dealers, exhibitors, handlers, research facilities and animal carriers by state. See also USDA Animal Welfare Inspection Reports.
Ohio University Lausche Heating Plant
The Ohio University Lausche Heating Plant is a coal-fired power station owned and operated by Ohio University (OU) on its campus in Athens, Ohio, built in 1967. Lausche has three coal-fired boilers and one natural gas boiler and, according to the OU Website, "coal use is always predominant because it is significantly - about four times - less expensive than natural gas."
In March 2011, the Ohio University administration made a promise not to consider coal as an energy source for a new heating plant. The administration has said that it must replace the Lausche facility by the year 2016, as the useful life of its boilers draws to a close. OU is located within an area characterized as "within attainment" by Title V of the EPA's Clean Air Act, exempting the plant from having certain pollution controls, such as scrubbers to abate sulfur dioxide emissions. However, in order to comply with regulations, flue gases do travel through baghouses that catch fly ash and particulate matter.
- C. Robert Kidder, chair
- M. Marnette Perry, vice chair
- Sandra J. Anderson
- David Brightbill
- Norman "Ned" E. Dewire
- Gene T. Harris
- Yvette McGee Brown
- Larry L. Schey
- David A. Wolfort
- Charles R. Stuckey, Jr., national trustee
- Frank P. Krasovec, national trustee
- Dennis Minichello, alumni representative
- Chauncey Jackson, student trustee
- Kyle Triplett, student trustee
- Michael Angelini, acting treasurer
- Thomas E. Davis, secretary
Articles & sources
- Animal testing
- Ford Foundation/Projects supported by the Ford Foundation
- Gayle Fischer
- Matthew Flynn
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Government's War on Animals
- ↑ Facility Reports and Information: Ohio University, Athens, OH, Stop Animal Experimentation NOW!, accessed February 2011
- ↑ "Lausche Heating Plant" Ohio University Website, accessed December 2009
- ↑ "Ohio University Announces Historic Step: School to Move Beyond Coal" Sierra Club, March 29, 2011.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Trustees, Ohio University, accessed May 2010