OneWorld United States
(Redirected from OneWorld U.S.)Jump to navigation Jump to search
OneWorld United States was created by the Benton Foundation in 2001 with support from the Ford Foundation amongst others.
"OneWorld Online (OWO), as it was first called, was launched on 24 January 1995, founded by Peter Armstrong and Anuradha Vittachi, under the aegis of the OneWorld Broadcasting Trust - a UK charity working with conventional media to encourage coverage of global development issues." 
Board of Directors
- Sheila Herrling, Treasurer - Communications Consultant, former Policy and Communications Director at the Center for Global Development, and Treasury Department official, Washington, DC.
- Larry Kirkman - Dean, School of Communications, American University, Washington, DC., Former Chair of the Board, OneWorld International Foundation.
- Linda Leonard - Project Director, Center for Communication Programs, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- Michael Litz - Executive Director, OneWorld United States, Former Chair, Management Committee, OneWorld International Network
- Gary Poon, Chair - Attorney at Law, Washington, DC.
- Woodward Wickham, Secretary - Media Consultant, former Vice President, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Chicago, IL.
Chair of Trustees: Rajendre Khargi, Board member, National Commission for International Cooperation and Sustainable Development (Netherlands)
- Elena Acin, Director, Fundación Chandra (Spain)
- Namrata Bali, General Secretary of Self-Employed Women's Association, SEWA (India)
- Larry Kirkman, Dean, School of Communication, American University, Washington, DC (USA)
- Chad Lubelsky, Policy officer for the Canada Millennium Scholarship Foundation in Montreal
- Margaret Machila, Development consultant (Zambia)
- Juan Carlos Cruz Barrientos (Costa Rica)
- Sirpa Pietikainen, President of the Citizens Security Council and former Minister of the Environment (Finland)
- Adam Wilkinson, Founder of social enterprise support systems (UK)
Executive Committee members: