The Palestine Chronicle was set up in 1999 and "is an independent online newspaper that provides daily news, commentary, features and book reviews on a variety of subjects, yet is largely focused on Palestine, the Arab-Israeli conflict and the Middle East as a whole...
"The Palestine Chronicle is 100% reader-supported." 
Accessed October 2007: 
Honorary Editorial Board Members
- Hanan Ashrawi: Palestinian legislator, author and intellectual (Palestine).
- Noam Chomsky: Professor of linguistics, MIT author and world-renowned scholar (US).
- Eyad El-Sarraj: Human Rights Activist and psychiatrist (Palestine).
- Mustafa Abdul-Shafi: Palestinian Activist and Former President of Makassed Hospital (Palestine)
- Khaled A. Al-Maeena: Editor-in-Chief of Arab News Daily (Saudi Arabia).
- Ahmed Bouzid: President of Palestine Media Watch (US).
- Robert Jensen: School of Journalism, University of Texas at Austin (US)
- Ramzy Baroud: Editor-in-Chief (US)
- Suzanne Russ: Managing Editor (US)
- Michelle Gasparek: Editor (US)
- Mahfouz Abu Turk: Photojournalist (Palestine)