Paul Anderson Appointed a Non-executive Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc on 26 April 2006 with effect from 6 June 2006 and was elected in 2006. He was the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of BHP Limited from December 1998 until June 2001 and of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc from June 2001 until July 2002. He was a non-executive Director of BHP Billiton Limited and BHP Billiton Plc from July to November 2002. Mr Anderson was elected in 2006.
"Paul Anderson has an extensive background in natural resources and energy and, as an architect of the merger that created BHP Billiton, has a deep understanding of the strategy behind the Group's success. He is Chairman of the Board of Spectra Energy Corporation and retired as Chairman of Duke Energy Corporation in January 2007 where he had more than 20 years experience at Duke Energy and its predecessors.
- Chairman Spectra Energy Corporation (since January 2007)
- Director of Qantas Airways Limited (since September 2002)
- Former Chairman of Duke Energy Corporation (from November 2003 to January 2007) and former Chief Executive Officer (from November 2003 to April 2006)
- Former Director of Temple Inland Inc. (from February 2002 to May 2004)
- Former Director of Fluor Corporation (from March to October 2003)
- Member of the US President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology 
- Board of Governors, Committee for Economic Development of Australia
- Director, BAE Systems