Lord Paul Myners "was appointed Financial Services Secretary to the Treasury in October 2008.
"Prior to this he was chairman of the Guardian Media Group, publisher of The Guardian and The Observer newspapers, and chairman of Land Securities Group. He is a former Chairman of Marks & Spencer and Deputy Chair of PowerGen. He held a number of third sector posts, including Chair of the Trustees of the Tate gallery and Chair of the The Low Pay Commission and the Personal Accounts Delivery Authority, all of which he relinquished on his appointment.
"Paul worked as a teacher with the Inner London Education Authority from (1971-1972). From (1972-1975) he worked for The Daily Telegraph as a financial journalist, he then went to work for N M Rothschild & Sons merchant bank. In 1985, he moved to Gartmore, a pension fund manager, becoming its Chair in 1987.
"Paul was educated at Truro school and the University of London. He has an Honorary Doctorate in Law from the University of Exeter and is a Visiting Fellow at Nuffield College Oxford.
- Vice chair, Global Counsel 
- Director, RIT Capital Partners plc
- President, Howard League for Penal Reform
- Vice President, United Response 
- Trustee, Tate Foundation 
- Former Trustee, Tate Gallery 
- Advisory Board, GLG Partners
- Former commissioner, Commission for Vulnerable Employment 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Paul Myners, m-treasury.gov, accessed April 21, 2009.
- Global Counsel Team, organizational web page, accessed March 15, 2018.
- United Response Team, organizational web page, accessed July 16, 2012.
- Tate Foundation, Tate, accessed April 21, 2009.
- Recently Retired Tate Trustees, Tate Gallery, accessed May 21, 2010.
- Commission for Vulnerable Employment Full report, organizational web page, accessed February 19, 2015 .