Paul van Tongeren
Paul van Tongeren is the Executive Director of the European Centre for Conflict Prevention.
"Paul van Tongeren worked many years as a programme manager for the Dutch National Committee for International Cooperation and Sustainable Development (NCDO). He has been involved in the activities of numerous Dutch NGOs in the field of development cooperation, peace and environmental organisations. He established the ECCP (European Centre for Conflict Prevention) based in the Netherlands, and an European Platform on Conflict Prevention in 1997.
"Under his leadership, the ECCP undertook several activities, including the “Searching for Peace” series, which documents analysis of conflicts and peacebuilders in different continents; the “People Building Peace” books, describing inspiring civil society stories worldwide; and the establishment of the Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict, the first global network of peacebuilders. ECCP organized, in partnership with the UN Department for Political Affairs, the first civil society conference at the UN Headquarters in New York in July 2005." 
- Advisory Board, Coexistence Initiative
- International Advisory Council, Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy
- International Steering Committee, Global Action to Prevent War
- Competition Judge for the Changemakers Innovation Award: "Entrepreneuring Peace" 
- Core Member, International Task Force on Preventive Diplomacy 
Resources and articles
- Who, Global Action to Prevent War, accessed July 8, 2007.
- Competition Judges for the Changemakers Innovation Award: "Entrepreneuring Peace", Changemakers, accessed February 25, 2008.
- International Task Force on Preventive Diplomacy, East West Institute, accessed February 26, 2008.