"Planetwork is a San Francisco based network using social media to address the pressing issues of our time - climate change, social & economic justice, and democracy.
"Planetwork convened the first international conference on global ecology and information technology in 2000, beginning a conversation about creating a distributed online social network to empower individuals and civil society, publishing the ASN White Paper in 2003.
"Planetwork was founded in 1998 with the recognition that the only phenomenon growing as fast as the global ecological crisis was the global communications system and that with it, we could address the biggest threats facing humanity and the planet."
Accessed October 2013: 
- Jim Fournier - Co-founder, President & Board Chair
- Lee Buric - Creative Director
- Victor Grey - Web Developer
- Kaliya Hamlin - Identity Woman - Network Director
- Anee Schneeman - General Manager
- Elizabeth Thompson - Co-founder & Board Member
- Brad deGraf - Treasurer & Board Member
- Heather Newbold Ph.D. - Secretary & Board Member