Raji Sourani "is Gaza’s foremost human rights lawyer, and the founder and director of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights and former director of the Gaza Center for Rights and Law (1991-5).  In the 1980s, Sourani was widely recognized for his effective defense of Palestinians before the Israeli military courts." 
- Vice President, International Federation for Human Rights 
- Trustee, Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy 
- Winner of the 1991 Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award
- Executive Committee, International Commission of Jurists
- PCHR granted Bruno Kreisky Prize for Outstanding Achievements in the Area of Human Rights, September 2002. Sourani collected the prize.
- Director, Palestinian Council on Foreign Relations 
- Palestinian Advisory Committee, Palestinian American Research Center 
Resources and articles
- Raji Sourani, Palestine, International Commission of Jurists, accessed May 30, 2008.
- Bureau international, International Federation for Human Rights, accessed October 9, 2007.
- MIFTAH's Vision, Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy, accessed August 10, 2007.
- About us, Palestinian Council on Foreign Relations, accessed October 26, 2007.
- Directors, Palestinian American Research Center, accessed February 5, 2009.
- "Raji Sourani", (Biographical note), Undated, Accessed 14 July 2007.