Reputation Measurement (RM) is Melbourne-based company which aims to rank corporations on their corporate social responsibility performance.
RM describes itself as an "independent ratings agency which provides objective opinion and analysis on the social risk profiles of listed companies, private companies, government entities and not-for-profit organisations."
For several years it produced the Good Reputation Index, a 16-page liftout ranking Australia's top 100 companies. The Index was published in the Fairfax owned newspapers, the Sydney Morning Herald and The Age. After some companies refused to respond to surveys for the index, the results of which were ranked by a range of non-government organisations, the index was discontinued.
Subsequently Reputation Measurement have launched RepuTex.
Reputation Measurement Pty Ltd
Level 1, 139 Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000 Australia
Phone: 61 03 9654-7099
Facsimile:61 03 9654-7570
Email: reputex AT reputationmeasurement.com.au Web: http://www.retutationmeasurement.com.au
- Bob Burton and Andy Rowell, "British American Tobacco's Socially Responsible Smoke Screen", PR Watch, Vol 9 No 4, 4th Quarter 2002.
- Colleen Ryan, "The reputation wars", Boss, November 2003.
- Bill Pheasant, "Measuring social responsibility is the vogue – but it’s testing stuff ", AFR Boss, December 2004.
- Bill Pheasant, "Ratings game: Measuring social responsibility is the vogue – but it’s testing stuff ", AFR Boss, January 2005.
- Profile of Laurel Grossman