Richard Farrant (appointed in 2005) is a non-executive director of Daiwa Capital Markets Europe and of Daiwa Fund Assets Services, a member of the Disciplinary Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Council member and trustee of the National Trust. Former positions include Chairman of Sustrans, Vice Chairman of United Financial Japan International Limited, Chief Executive of the Securities and Futures Authority, Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer of the Financial Services Authority, and board member of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority.
- Non-executive director, Daiwa Securities SMBC Europe Ltd.
- Non-executive director, Daiwa Fund Asset Services Ltd
- Member, Disciplinary committee, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
- Trustee and member of Council, The National Trust
- Expert witness, Delta Asia Credit Ltd (Hong Kong)
- Expert witness, Department of Justice of the United States
- Previously, Chairman, Investigation Committee, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (retired 2009)
- Previously: Chairman and Senior trustee, Sustrans (retired 2008)
- Previously: Vice Chairman, United Financial Japan plc (retired 2006)
- Previously: Chairman, Banking Code Standards Board Ltd (retired 2005)
- Previously: Member of the Gas and Electricity Markets Authority (retired 2003)
- Previously: Managing Director of the Financial Services Authority (Resigned 1999)
- Previously: Chief Executive of the Securities and Futures Authority (Resigned 1997)