Laermer began work as a reporter in 1979 for various publications. In 1991 he founded RLM Public Relations.  Laermer is co-host on Taking Care of Business, a program aired on TLC (The Learning Channel). A RLM Newsletter, dated December 2004, stated that the program was "sponsored in part by VISA". 
Full Frontal PR
"No matter how jaded readers are, most are more inclined to believe than distrust what a journalist writes", Richard Laermer and co-author Michael Prichinello argue in Full Frontal: good ‘ole time’ PR.
Later on in the book they describe the use of video news releases and satellite media tours "as good tactics to consider". "Prominent public corporations or politicians use this technique when they need to address many people across multiple markets quickly and efficiently," they write. 
To increase the chances of television programs incorporating material from a satellite media tour they suggest "you need a notable public or corporate figure, because otherwise producers will not devote a segment of their broadcast time to airing it".
- Richard Laermer and Mark Simmons, Punk Marketing: Get Off Your Ass and Join the Revolution, Collins, February 2007. ISBN 10 0061151106 ISBN 13 978-0061151101
- Richard Laermer and Michael Prichinello, Full Frontal PR ; How to Get People Talking About You, Your Business, or Your Product, Vision Books, 2003. ISBN 10 8170945399
- Richard Laermer, TrendSpotting: Think Forward, Get Ahead, Cash in on the Future, March 2002, Penguin, 2002. ISBN 10 0399527494 ISBN 13 978-0399527494
- Richard Laermer, Native's Guide to New York, W. W. Norton & Company June 1998 (4th Edition) ISBN 10 0393318109 ISBN 13 978-0393318104
- Richard Laermer, Bargain Hunting in Greater New York/Including the Five Boroughs & the Suburban Discount Malls of New Jersey, Connecticut, & Upstate New York, Prima, September 1990, ISBN 10 1559580305 ISBN 13 978-1559580304
- Richard Laermer, Get on with It: The Gay and Lesbian Guide to Getting Online , Broadway, May 1997, ISBN 10 0553069349 ISBN 13 978-0553069341
- Richard Laermer, Gay and Lesbian Guide to New York City, Plume, May 1994, ISBN 10 0452270227 ISBN 13 978-0452270220
Other SourceWatch Resources
- "Who We Are: Personnel: Richard Laermer: CEO and author of Full Frontal PR", accessed March 2007.
- HarperCollins, "Author: Richard Laermer", accessed March 2006.
- Richard Laermer and Michael Prichinello, Full Frontal: good 'ole time’ PR, Bloomberg Press, pp: 68-69.