Road Ahead Group
The Road Ahead Group is road lobby group in the UK which is in the process of being formed in late 2011 with a view to promoting private sector investment into roads in the UK. It was "no plans to engage in high-profile PR activity", but does intend to "meet Whitehall policy-makers to discuss how it can help to ‘unlock’ private-sector investment".
To lobby for increased investment in the road network and for a proportion of Vehicle Excise Duty to be ring-fenced for use only for road building.
It intends to be low profile whilst lobbying Whitehall policy-makers to promote its policies as outlined above.
The following organisations are described as being 'supporters"
- Brian Wadsworth - (director of Interel Consulting Ltd and former Director of Strategic Roads, Planning and National Networks' at the Department for Transport.)
- Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP (City law firm)
- Freight Transport Association (representing haulage companies etc)
- Interel Consulting Ltd ('A leading strategic communications and government relations company')
- May Gurney Integrated Services plc ('Delivering essential everyday services')
- Midland Expressway Ltd (owned by Intoll Group, formerly Macquarie Infrastructure Group who operate the M6 Toll Road)
- Ringway/Euovia Group Ltd ('a leading provider of highway and airport related services')
- Vince plc (construction, road construction etc)