Rob Borbidge (also known as Robert Borbidge) is currently on the Senate for Griffith University (Australia) and was the Premier for Queensland for the National Party from 1996-1998.
In November 2001, Rob Borbidge was appointed as the Chairperson of the Griffith University Centre for Biomolecular Science and Drug Discovery fundraising campaign (now the Institute for Glycomics). 
The Director of the Institute for Glycomics is Professor Mark von Itzstein, an Australia Prize winner for his efforts in the development of the Anti-Influenza Drug Zanamivir sold under the name Relenza.
- Chairman and Independent Non Executive Director for CEC Group, one of Queensland's leading construction and development companies.
- Director of Strategic Communications Australia Pty Ltd, a Queensland based corporate relations company with offices in Brisbane and Jakarta.
- Chairman of Rotec Pty Ltd, a Brisbane based engineering firm that is developing emission reduction technology for diesel engines.
- Chairman of Asset Loan Company, a Gold Coast based ASX listed financial services company.
- Chairman of the Executive Task Force for the Institute of Glycomics at Griffith University.
- Senate member for Griffith University.
- Trustee of the Friends of Griffith University Foundation (USA).
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Asia Pacific Space Centre.
For Wikipedia site see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Borbidge