Robert E. Diamond, Jr.
Robert E. Diamond, Jr. "is President of Barclays PLC and Chief Executive of Corporate and Investment Banking and Wealth Management, comprising Barclays Capital, Barclays Corporate and Barclays Wealth. He is an Executive Director of the Boards of Barclays PLC and Barclays Bank PLC and has been a member of the Barclays Group Executive Committee since September 1997. He joined the firm in summer 1996.
"Mr Diamond is also a Board Member of BlackRock following the integration of Barclays Global Investors.
"Mr Diamond was formerly Vice Chairman and Head of Global Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange at CS First Boston. Based in New York, he was a member of the Executive Board and Operating Committee of CS First Boston.
"Mr Diamond joined CS First Boston in 1992. Based in Tokyo, he was Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of CS First Boston Pacific, responsible for Investment Banking, Equity, Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange for the Pacific region.
"Previously, Mr Diamond was Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income Trading for Morgan Stanley International, spending 13 years with the firm.
"Mr Diamond began his career as a lecturer at the School of Business, University of Connecticut from 1976-1977.
"A native of Concord, Massachusetts, USA, Mr Diamond received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Colby College in Maine (1974) and an MBA from the University of Connecticut, where he ranked first in his class (1977). He was awarded Doctor of Humane Letters from the University of Connecticut in 2006 and Doctor of Laws from Colby College in 2008.
"His external affiliations include:" 
- Chairman, Board of Trustees of Colby College, Waterville, Maine
- Chairman, Old Vic Productions, Plc
- Trustee, The Mayor's Fund for London
- Member of the Advisory Board, Judge Business School at Cambridge University
- Board Member, The Diamond Family Foundation
- Member of International Advisory Board, British-American Business Council
- Life Member of The Council on Foreign Relations
- Member, The Atlantic Council
- Trustee, The American School in London.
Resources and articles
- Robert E. Diamond, Jr., Barclays, accessed July 18, 2010.