Robert L. Foord
Robert L. Foord
"He is a former Director of Jetset Tours (WA) Pty Ltd and Jetset Tours (SA) Pty Ltd. In 1982 he established Proud Australia Holidays. Since then Mr Foord has expanded the business to become one of Australia’s leading tourism operators.
"The Proud Australia Group now operates Travel Centres in Australia and overseas. It owns and operates the River Murray cruise vessel MV Expedition. It also owns and operates hotels in Australia and overseas. The Group is one of Australia’s major exporters of Tourism.
"The property development arm of the business operates under the banner of Proud Australia Development Company, which focuses on residential real estate developments in Australia. Media production is also a major part of the company’s activities through its brand, Travel Auctions Australia, which produces weekly radio and television programs Australia-wide.
"Mr Foord’s humanitarian work has spanned many different areas over the years. He was instrumental in settling the first Cambodian refugees in Australia and retains close contact with that community. He is also actively involved in settling the recent Sudanese refugees into Australia and remains committed to that cause. With business interests in Indonesia, he became passionate about the John Fawcett Foundation some 7 years ago. In his role as Vice Chairman his responsibilities are varied and include liaison between the Australian Government and the John Fawcett Foundation. He is responsible for involving many businesses, individuals and medical professionals who support the foundation from Australia.
"Mr Foord is:
- Chairman of Proud Australia Group of Companies
- Chairman of Travel Auctions Australia Pty Ltd
- Chairman of the South Australian Tourism Commission
- Chairman of the Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Vice Chairman of the The John Fawcett Foundation (Indonesian Humanitarian Organisation)
- (FORMER) Board Member of the Australian Rainforest Foundation
- Former State Convenor for Australia’s Tourism and Transport Forum
- A founding member and past Chairman of the South Australian chapter of ATEC formally, the Inbound Tourism Organisation of Australia (ITOA)
- A past Board Member of the South Australian Travel Agency Licensing Board.
"In 2003 Mr Foord was awarded a Centenary Medal for Services to Tourism." 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Robert L. Foord, John Fawcett Foundation, accessed November 25, 2008.