"In January 2003, Bob Swann’s spirit passed from the world he worked to ease towards economic justice and peace. At a commemoration in Massachusetts at his E.F. Schumacher Society, the late religious philosopher Thomas Berry commented of Swann: “He was among the noblest persons I have ever known”." 
- Stephanie Mills, On Gandhi’s Path: Bob Swann’s Work for Peace and Community Economics (New Society Publishers, 2010). Review
- The Economics of Peace originally published in The Catholic Worker.
- The Community Land Trust: A Guide to the New Model for Land Tenure in America with Shimon Gottschalk, Erick Hansch, and Edward Webster. 1972.
- Building Sustainable Communities: Tools and Concepts for Self-Reliant Economic Change with C. George Benello and Shann Turnbull, edited by Ward Morehouse. New York City, NY: The Bootstrap Press. First Edition 1989, Second Edition 1997.
- Peace, Civil Rights, and the Search for Community: An Autobiography
- The Community Land Trust Handbook, authored by the Institute for Community Economics and published by Rodale Press in 1982.
- Street of Hope: The Fall and Rise of an Urban Neighborhood, authored by Peter Medoff and Holly Sklar and published by South End Press in 1994
Resources and articles
- The Other Economic Summit USA
- Marjorie Swann Edwin
- Gloucestershire Land For People
- Community land trust
- Harriet Barlow
- John McClaughry
- Resurgence A Stellar Life, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.