"Roger Walsh is a professor of Psychiatry, Philosophy and Anthropology at the University of California Irvine, in the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, within UCI's College of Medicine. Dr. Walsh is respected for his views on psychoactive drugs and altered states of consciousness in relation with the religious/spiritual experience, and has been quoted in the media regarding psychology, spirituality, and the medical effects of meditation.
"Dr. Walsh holds an M.D. from the University of Queensland Medical School and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Queensland. He authored The World of Shamanism: New Views of an Ancient Tradition, and Essential Spirituality: The 7 Central Practices to Awaken Heart and Mind, co-authored Paths Beyond Ego (1993) with Frances Vaughan, and his latest book is A Sociable God: Toward a New Understanding of Religion by Ken Wilber and Roger Walsh (2005). His writings and research have received over two dozen national and international awards and honors. " 
- Council of Sages, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology
- Council of Sages, California Institute of Integral Studies
- Advisory Board, Integral Review 
- Advisory Council, Institute for Spirituality and Psychology 
- Editorial Board, Journal of Consciousness Studies 
- Distinguished Advisory board, Institute of Noetic Sciences 
Resources and articles
- Council, Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, accessed November 14, 2011.
- Advisory Board, Integral Review, accessed December 16, 2011.
- Institute for Spirituality and Psychology About, organizational web page, accessed May 16, 2012.
- Journal of Consciousness Studies , organizational web page, accessed June 1, 2013.
- Institute of Noetic Sciences Distinguished Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.