Other SourceWatch Resources
Ronald Glenn Huntsinger was born July 26, 1946 in San Bernadino, CA. Married Mary Sue Parke, April 14, 1967; divorced. Son, Arnold C. Huntsinger, born April 26, 1967; deceased. Married Melanie K. Huntsinger; divorced ca. 2005 in Kern County, CA. Education: Humboldt State University. According to HSU, he has a bachelor's degree in biology, 1973; other sources say B.S. in physics. He has no advanced degrees. Work History: BLM Hydrologic reconnaissance of the Unalakleet River basin, Alaska, 1982-83; BLM Tonopah Field Station Manager, NV; BLM field office supervisor in Taos, NM from March 1999 to Feb. 2004; BLM Bakersfield, CA field office supervisor, March, 2004 to 2007. The U.S. Department of the Interior investigated his conduct after the suicide of his employee Marlene Braun in San Luis Obispo, CA in 2004.
- "Ron Huntsinger: Field Office Manager Bakersfield", Bureau of Land Management, undated, accessed July 2007.
- Ron Huntsinger, "National Science Coordinator Bureau of Land Management U.S. Department of Interior Before the House Appropriations Committee On Interior, Environment and Related Agencies Regarding Climate Change", April 26, 2007.
- Karen Schambach and Jeff Ruch, "Letter to Secretary Gale Norton", Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility, June 10, 2005.
- Julie Cart and Maria LaGanga, "Suicide Casts a Shadow on Conservation Battle Los Angeles Times, Aug. 20, 2005.
- John Peabody, "To die on the plain Marlene Braun envisioned the dawning of a new day at the Carrizo Plain, but she never lived to see it", New Times, November 17, 2005.
- David Whitney, "New hopes for action at Carrizo Plain arise", San Luis Obispo Tribune, December 3, 2006.
Petitioners seek access to suicide investigation: http://www.newtimes-slo.com/index.php?p=showarticle&id=1813