Dr. Ronald Kendall serves as the founding Director of The Institute of Environmental and Human Health (TIEHH), a joint venture between Texas Tech University and Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Lubbock, Texas. He is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Environmental Toxicology at Texas Tech University. He received a United States Environmental Protection Agency post-doctoral traineeship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Dr. Kendall served on the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Science Advisory Panel from June 1995 to December 2002, and was appointed Chairman January 1999 to December 2002.
Past-President of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), and has served on its Board of Directors and Executive Committee, as well as being Vice-President, on the SETAC Foundation for Environmental Education Board of Directors, and was the Annual Review Editor and currently Terrestrial Toxicology Editor of the journal, Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry
- Ph.D. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 1980
- M.S. Clemson University 1976
- B.S. University of South Carolina 1974
- Awarded a Fulbright Fellowship in 1991
- Founder and Director of The Institute of Wildlife and Environmental Toxicology (TIWET) at Clemson University (1989-1997)
- Founding Department Head (1989-1995) and Professor (1989-1997) in the Department of Environmental Toxicology at Clemson University
- Founding Director, Institute of Wildlife Toxicology, and Professor of Environmental Toxicology, Huxley College of Environmental Studies, Western Washington University (1980-1989)
National Board/Committee Appointments (representative past and present)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency’s, Science Advisory Panel (Member 1995-December 2002. Chair January 1999 – December 2002.)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency’s, Joint SAB/SAP Review on “Data from Testing of Human Subjects” served as Chairman (1998-2000)
- United States Environmental Protection Agency’s, Science Advisory Board, Mercury Review Subcommittee (1997)
- The National Academy of Sciences’, Ecological Risk Assessment Subcommittee, Committee on Risk Assessment Methodologies (1990-1991)
- Certificate of Appreciation from the National Academies, Board of Environmental Studies and Toxicology for service on the Committee on Superfund Site Assessment and Remediation in the Coeur d'Alene River Basin, 2003-2005
- The Endocrine Disruptors Screening and Testing Advisory Committee (EDSTAC) of the USEPA (1996-1998)
- Board of Research Directors of the Canadian Network of Toxicology Centers for the Canadian Government (1993-1999)
Private Business Ventures
- RONALD J. KENDALL & ASSOCIATES, INC. Incorporated 08/24/1992 and Dissolved 11/04/1997 Located in Clemson, SC 
- RONALD J. KENDALL & ASSOCIATES, INC. also filed for Incorporation in Ransom Canyon, Texas May 23, 1997 and is currently active.
- Big K Ranch, Ltd., located in Kent County Texas. Kendall, his wife, Colleen, and son, Ronnie run this business, focusing on high-quality Angus genetics.
RKCK, INC. is incorporated in Texas. Kendall is listed as president.
Books Written by Dr. Ronald J. Kendall
- Kendall, R.J., T.E. Lacher, G.P. Cobb, S.B. Cox, editors. 2010. Wildlife Toxicology: Emerging Contaminant and Biodiversity Issues. Taylor and Francis/CRC Press, 321 pp.
- Kendall, R.J., S.M. Presley, G.P. Austin, and P.N. Smith, editors. 2008. Advances in Biological and Chemical Terrorism Countermeasures. Taylor and Francis/CRC Press, 280 pp.
- Kendall, R.J. and P.N. Smith, editors. 2006. Perchlorate Ecotoxicology. Society of Environmental Toxicology & Chemistry (SETAC) Press, 269 pp.
- Giddings, J.M., T.A. Anderson, L.W. Hall, A.J. Hosmer, R.J. Kendall, R.P. Richards, K.R. Solomon, and W.M. Williams. 2005 Atrazine in North American Surface Waters: A
probabilistic aquatic ecological risk assessment. Society of Environmental Toxicology & Chemistry (SETAC) Press, Pensacola, FL., 400 pp.
Texas Tech University / Texas Tech University Health Science Center
Reese Center, Box 4116
Lubbock, Texas 79409-1163
P: (806) 885-4567
F: (806) 885-2132
email: Ron.Kendall AT tiehh.ttu.edu
- F. Moretzsohn, J.A. Sánchez Chávez, and J.W. Tunnell, Jr., Editors. 2012. GulfBase: Resource Database for Gulf of Mexico Research. World Wide Web electronic publication.Dr. Ronald J. Kendall profile, accessed 27 January 2012
- The Institute of Environmental and Human Health (TIEHH)Ronald Kendall, organizational profile, accessed January 27, 2012
- The Institute of Environmental and Human Health (TIEHH),, personal profile, accessed January 27, 2012
- South Carolina Secretary of State,
- Corporation Wikki, business profile, accessed January 27, 2012
- Big K Ranch,, Organizational profile, accessed January 27, 2012