Rudolph W. Giuliani: U.S. presidential election, 2008/Campaign finance
|This article is part of the|
SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage
of Rudolph W. Giuliani (R-N.Y.) and
the 2008 presidential election
- Rudy Giuliani Presidential Committee Inc. Federal Election Commission (FEC) ID#: P00003251; Political Action Committee (PAC) ID#: C00430512.
- Friends of Giuliani Exploratory Committee FEC ID# S0NY00170; PAC ID#: C00335521.
Solutions America PAC
For May 1 through May 31, 2007, Giuliani's political action committee (PAC), Solutions America PAC (#C00335448), reported raising $528 and spending $22,801, leaving cash on hand of $405,427. The PAC gave $15,000 to the Republican National Committee.
Also see all activity for January 1 through May 31, 2007.
Public Citizen relaunched the WhiteHouseForSale website for the 2008 elections.
Financial team leaders and funders
In April 2007, Newsbull reported on Giuliani's "Growing Finance Team".
- Bill Simon, Executive Committee Member & California State Finance Chair
- Paul E. Singer, Eastern Regional Finance Chairman
- Ambassador Peter Terpeluk, Jr., Executive Committee Member for the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Ken Langone, Executive Committee Member and New York City Finance Chair
Related external articles
- Joe Sudbay, "Top fundraiser for Rudy -- and Bush -- had some trouble paying federal taxes," AMERICAblog, September 17, 2007.
Check the facts
- FundRace 2008, The Huffington Post's searchable database: "FundRace makes it easy to search by name or address to see which presidential candidates your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors are contributing to. Or you can see if your favorite celebrity is putting their money where their mouth is."
Possible campaign spending violations
Although Giuliani's consulting firm Giuliani Partners began "picking up the costs" on June 18, 2007, Giuliani's "campaign spending reports showed no security expenses during the first three months of this year. But the burly guards who trail Giuliani around the country have not been working for free. ... Some analysts say the campaign may have run afoul of federal laws that prohibit candidates from accepting money or in-kind contributions from corporations."
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Solutions America PAC, C00335448, May 1-31, 2007, Federal Election Commission's Political Money Line.
- Solutions America PAC, C00335448, January 1 - May 31, 2007, Federal Election Commission's Political Money Line.
- "Giuliani Campaign Announces Growing Finance Team," Newsbull.com, April 16, 2007.
- Campaign Notebook: "Questions raised over Giuliani's guards," Washington Post, July 12, 2007.
- Russell Berman, "In Bid to Raise Profile, Aid GOP, Giuliani Rakes In $2 Million," The New York Sun, June 14, 2006.
- Ari Berman, "Rudy's Dirty Money," The Nation, August 29, 2007 (issue).