Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002
Support Anti-Terrorism by Fostering Effective Technologies Act of 2002 (SAFETY Act), a "provision of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, is ground-breaking legislation that provides broad tort reform to encourage the development of safe, effective anti-terrorism products and services critical to national security. This legislation not only protects certified companies, but the customers of these companies. The SAFETY Act is the first ever successful tort reform effort undertaken at the Federal level, having been signed into law by President George W. Bush on November 25, 2002." 
"As part of the Homeland Security Act of 2002, Public Law 107-296, Congress enacted the SAFETY Act to provide 'risk management' and 'litigation management' protections for Sellers of qualified anti-terrorism technologies and others in the supply and distribution chain. The aim of the Act is to encourage the development and deployment of anti-terrorism technologies that will substantially enhance the protection of the nation. Specifically, the SAFETY Act creates certain liability limitations for 'claims arising out of, relating to, or resulting from an act of terrorism' where qualified anti-terrorism technologies have been deployed. It also confers other benefits. Although there are many technologies that are important to protecting our homeland, the SAFETY Act 'Designation' and 'Certification' are designed to support effective technologies aimed at preventing, detecting, identifying, or deterring acts of terrorism, or limiting the harm that such acts might otherwise cause, and which also meet other prescribed criteria." --DHS SAFETY Act website.
- Accenture LLP
- BAE Systems Information and Electronic Systems Integration, Inc.
- Boeing Company
- General Dynamics Armament and Technical Products, Inc.
- General Electric Company
- HDR Security Operations, Inc.
- IPC International Corporation
- ITT Industries, Inc.
- Kellogg Brown and Root
- Language Analysis Systems, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin
- Michael Stapleton Associates
- MitiTech, LLC
- Northrop Grumman Security Systems, LLC
- OptiMetrics, Inc.
- Reveal Imaging Technologies, Inc.
- SafeView, Inc.
- Ralston Research and Consulting
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Securitas Holdings, Inc.
- Siemens Maintenance Services, LLC
- Smiths Detection, Inc.
- Thermo Electron Corporation
- URS Corporation
- Verified Identity Pass Inc.
- Wackenhut Corporation
- Washington Group International, Inc.
- York International Corporation