Sally Engle Merry
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sally Engle Merry Professor of Anthropology and Law and Soceity at New York University. 
- Urban Danger: Life in a Neighborhood of Strangers. Philadelphia (Temple University Press, 1981).
- Getting Justice and Getting Even: Legal Consciousness Among Working-Class Americans (University of Chicago Press, 1990).
- The Possibility of Popular Justice: A Case Study of American Community Mediation. Co-edited with Neal Milner (Univ. of Michigan Press, 1993).
- Colonizing Hawai'i: The Cultural Power of Law (Princeton University Press, 2000).
- Law and Empire in the Pacific: Hawai'i and Fiji. Co-edited with Donald Brenneis (School of American Research Press, Santa Fe, NM, 2004).
- Human Rights and Gender Violence: Translating International Law into Local Justice (University of Chicago Press, 2006).