Sandy Liddy Bourne
Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Alexandra "Sandy" Liddy Bourne is the Heartland Institute's vice-president for policy strategy. She is the daughter of former Nixon aide and convicted Watergate criminal G. Gordon Liddy, who spent more than 52 months in prison for his part in the Watergate burglary. She serves as the conservative think tank's Washington, D.C. media spokesperson and liaison to elected officials, donors, and allies. "She authors media statements and commissions and edits original research on the major issues of the day, particularly those concerning energy and environmental regulation," according to Heartland. 
Bourne worked for the American Legislative Exchange Council and was credited with increasing enactment of ALEC's model legislation in states throughout the country. She was named chair of ALEC's Energy, Environment, Natural Resources, and Agriculture Task Force in October 1999. In 2004, after five years in that role, she became ALEC's Director of Legislation and Policy.
To see a list of ALEC's current staff, visit the ALEC Staff page.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our ExposedbyCMD.org site.
- Heartland Institute
- The 2008 International Conference on Climate Change
- American Legislative Exchange Council
- David Ellis Keeping it in the Family, People magazine, October 30, 1995
- "Conference speakers: 2008 International Conference on Climate Change (PDF)," Heartland Institute, accessed March 2008.
- "2008 International Conference on Climate Change (PDF)," Heartland Institute, accessed March 2008
- Independent Women's Forum, Live from CPAC: Saturday, organizational website, February 9, 2008, accessed February 2013.
- The Heartland Institute Experts: Mrs. Alexandra Sandra Liddy Bourne, organizational web site profile page, accessed April 14, 2011
- Web archive of http://www.alec.org/viewpage.cfm?id=614&xsectionid=5, Accessed July 19, 2011.
- ALEC Appoints New Director of Legislation and Policy Sandy Liddy Bourne To Lead Policy Department for State Legislators’ Organization," ALEC press release, September 7, 2004.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|