Shenhua Guohua Jinjie power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Guohua Jinjie power station (神华国华陕西锦界发电公司) is a 2,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
An additional 1,320 MW is planned at this location.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Plant
- 3 Proposed expansion
- 4 Ownership
- 5 Project Details for expansion
- 6 Articles and resources
The photo below shows Units 1-4 of the plant in Jinjie Town (Jinjiezhen), Shenmu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
Background on Plant
The new units were permitted for construction in December 2016.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration proposed the suspension of over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Shenhua Guohua Jinjie.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2018: Construction begins
In May 2018 construction began on the units.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for expansion
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (70%), SGCC (30%)
- Location: Jinjie Town (Jinjiezhen), Shenmu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.7368624, 110.1661456 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 5-6: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China: Shaanxi," Power Plants Around the World, accessed November 2014
- "锦界工业园被评为“全国循环经济工作先进单位”", 华夏经纬网, 2013-01-31
- "喻新强：建设特高压电网加大陕西电力外送力度," 中国联合商报, 2013年03月22日
- "总投资约47.26亿元 神华国华电力公司锦界电厂三期2×660兆瓦项目获得核准," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2016/3/22
- "神府至河北南网扩建工程获国家核准总投资150亿," Sina, Dec 23, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "世界首例！汽机建在65米高处国华锦界电厂三期工程正式开工- 北极星," BJX, June 5, 2018
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017