Shin Onoda power station
This photo shows the location of the Shin Onoda plant.
Background on Plant
Shin Onoda is a 1000 MW power station consisting of two units supplying 500 MW each. Unit 1 was commissioned in 1986 and Unit 2 was commissioned 1987. It is operated by Chugoku Electric Power Co. Ltd.
- Sponsor: Chugoku Electric Power Co. Ltd.
- Parent Company: Chugoku Electric Power Co. Ltd.
- Parent Company:
- Location: Shin-oki, Onoda-city, Yamaguchi prefecture
- Coordinates: 33.96899962, 131.18640286 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1000 MW (Unit 1 500 MW; Unit 2 500 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: Unit 1 in 1986; Unit 2 in 1987
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source: Imported
- Estimated annual CO2:
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan
- Global use and production of coal
- Australia and coal
- Britain and coal
- China and coal
- Colombia and coal
- Germany and coal
- Indonesia and coal
- Japan and coal
- New Zealand and coal
- South Africa and coal
- United States and coal
- Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan, "Principal Thermal Power Plants (1,000MW or greater)", Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan, accessed August 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|