Shinchi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Shinchi power station is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Shinchi.
Background on Plant
Shinchi power station is a 2 x 1,000 MW supercritical coal plant in the town of Shinchi. It began operating in 1994-5.
- Sponsor: TEPCO
- Parent Company: TEPCO
- Location: Shinchi town, Soma district, Fukushima prefecture, Tōhoku region, Japan
- Coordinates: 37.841115, 140.946169 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 1994-95
- Coal Type: Sub/Bituminous
- Coal Source: Imported
Articles and resources
- "Shinchi Coal Power Plant Japan," GEO, accessed March 2016