Shiraoi Mill Co-fired Biomass power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Shiraoi Mill Co-fired Biomass power station is a 74-megawatt (MW) coal-fired and biomass-fired power station in Shiraoi, Hokkaido, Japan.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Shiraoi.
Background on Plant
The plant cost 9 billion yen and was commissioned in 2008, replacing a 63-MW coal-fired plant at Nippon Paper's Shiraoi mill.
- Sponsor: Nippon Paper
- Parent Company: Nippon Paper
- Location: Shiraoi, Hokkaido, Japan
- Coordinates: 42.5109172, 141.2836864 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 74 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed (CFB)
- In service: 2008
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
Articles and resources
- New boiler completed at Nippon Paper Industries Sharaoi Plant, Web News, Aug. 30, 2008