Spier Wine Estate
"Spier aims to minimise the impact of our activities on the environment. Spier is a Champion member of the Biodiversity & Wine Initiative (BWI), organically certified and follows the Integrated Production of Wine (IPW) criteria. In 2011, Condé Nast Traveler World Saver Award recognised the estate as the top international destination ‘Doing it All’...
"Wherever possible, we look for ways to support local industry and communities. The farm has been recognised by various external organisations including Fair Trade in Tourism (FTTSA) and the Wine Industry Ethical Trade Association (WIETA). The cellar has ISO 22000 certification and is Fair Trade accredited.
"Spier supports local communities through the Treepreneur project, which encourages people in impoverished communities to grow trees in exchange for essential goods. The estate also supports entrepreneurs by helping them create micro-enterprises linked to Spier. "
Accessed December 2013: 
Resources and articles
- Peace Parks Foundation: Funding
- Usiko Rites of Passage
- Biodynamic Agricultural Association of Southern Africa
- Lesley Joemat, a Spier employee, is the Project Manager for the Western Cape Indigenous Trees for Life project.
- Adrian Enthoven
- Spier Wine Estate About, organizational web page, accessed December 20, 2013.
- Spier Wine Estate , organizational web page, accessed December 20, 2013.